Monday, February 7, 2011

Friday Mashup Challenge #30



This is my entry for the challenge this week. I used chocolate chip, pink pirouette, and very vanilla cardstock. The stamp I used is from the Eat Chocolate set and is stamped in chocolate chip ink. I wanted to use the embossing plates and put big poke dots on my card but I realized I needed the rubber crease pad for it and I don't have one yet. So I ended up going with the embossing folder that has smaller dots instead. I did have trouble figuring out what brad I wanted to use. I found about 3 of these in a container. I wish I had more but it was the one I thought worked the best out of everything I have at the moment. I don't think its current though cause I couldn't find it in the book. The second card I made cause I didn't like the distressing of the edges I did on the first one as much and I changed the colors around a bit as well. Sorry the pink is actually a little lighter then that but I have a crappy camera at the moment that the focus and flash are not working all the great on.

3 comments:

paige said...

I like the second card too! The image stands out better with the darker layer behind it. fun cards!

hollybeary creations said...

I like the second one too.. It pops more! Don't you just love this chocolate set! Thanks for joining us at the Mashup!

Shirley Pumpkin said...

Great job girl.. you even made 2 cards.. They are super cute. I was not going to buy this stamp set but on my last order I put it in for my free stuff.. so really I did not buy it but I have it now.. lol Thanks for using the Friday Mashup banner on your post too!!

Hugs
Shirley