Saturday, May 17, 2014

Me and my Mom's creativity working together.

Me and my Mom are going to a Luncheon at my Aunt's house this weekend. So, my aunt (my mom's older sister) asked my Mom if she could crochet some washcloths for her to hand out as gifts for  all the ladies at that will be there for the luncheon. My Mom has been crocheting a lot lately, so it was no big deal for her to do them. But she asked me if I had some ribbon I could tie around them. I said I could do her one better and make a tag to go with them as well.





So the green set on the left is for one of my aunts closest friends, Judy. I've known Judy just about my whole life and she loves cats. So since she is helping out in the kitchen for the luncheon and has been learning to crochet, my Mom made her 3 washcloths with different crochet patterns, as a thank you gift for helping out. Then I made the tag using Pool Party cardstock and the current Chalk Talk Framelits with a piece of retired Sweet Sorbet Designer Series Paper from SaleAbration on top. The retired stamp set I got the kitty and thank you words from is called Touch of Kindness. I stamped the kitty and words in Early Espresso and then colored in the cat with an Aqua Painter using the Pumpkin Pie ink pad and a Pool Party marker. I cut out the cat out with a Scallop Circle Punch and cut the words out with just my scissors. Then I grabbed some retired Chocolate Chip ribbon and tied it around the washcloths and hung the tag off it. It turned out so cute and you can hardly tell I brushed the tip of the Early Espresso marker against the edge by accident. opps!


My Mom made 16 of the washcloths, on the right, for everyone that's going to be at the luncheon. The stitch pattern she used worked out so well for the yard that has 4 colors in it. They really turned out great with that Chevron pattern in them and at the ends. The tag I made with the some Crisp Cantaloupe Cardstock and the Chalk Talk Framelits again. I used some of the retired Sweet Sorbet Designer Series Paper from SaleAbration on top again as well. But for the words, I went with a NEW stamp set coming out at the beginning of June in the Annual Stampin Up catalog, called Work of Art. I got this set for Free when I went to the catalog premiere last month with some of my fellow Demos. So, I stamped the words in Early Espresso and Pool Party and punched them out with the current Artisan Label punch. I then added two small flowers in Pistachio Pudding and Crisp Cantalope that I punched out with the flower from the soon to retire Itty Bitty Shapes Punch Pack. I added small pearls to the middle of the flowers, but I didn't realized one had fallen off when I took these pictures. So I need to check them all when I get over to my Aunts house tomorrow since my Mom went over a few days ago and took them with her already.
Oh and the ribbon I used around the washcloths was retired So Saffron grosgrain ribbon that I got from SaleAbration like 4 years ago, I think. I'm down to one spool of So Saffron and maybe a couple Certainly Celery now. I hope. I don't think I will ever get thru all the DS paper I got that year.
I still have a few packs floating around.

Thanks for stopping by and taking a look. Have a wonderful weekend.
 
 
 
 

No comments: