Friday, April 4, 2014

Birthday Cake


I had quiet a few Birthdays in March. So instead of handing out the same card to everyone, I made everyone there own unique card and this was one of them. Plus I wanted it to be a little more special since we were having a luncheon to celebrate 3 of the Birthdays together. So I dove into some of my retired Stampin' Up supplies as well as some current from the 2013-2014 Annual Catalog.

I used a retired SaleAbration stamp set called Happy Moments. I stamped the cake in current Basic Grey ink on a 2 inch wide Whisper White piece of card stock and then used a Scallop Tag Topper Punch from the current semi annual catalog to punch the top out. The ribbon was something I found at Michael's craft store, I think. It went well with the card so I used it. The Pistachio Pudding and Regal Rose card stock and ink are current, but the Regal Rose Designer Series paper is retired now. I put it all on a Whisper White card stock base. The Rhinestones and the white Signo pen I used in the center of the little flowers on the cake are both still current. I have no idea which yellow I used on the cake, but any yellow would work just fine for the candles.

No comments: